Grilled Okra with Sriracha Lime Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 3 tbsp. sea or kosher salt
- Zest from 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Olive oil for brushing
- 24 okra pods
- Lime wedges for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high, skewer okra, and brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with Sriracha Lime Salt.
- Grill about 4 minutes per side. Serve with extra wedges of lime and Sriracha for dipping — for those who like it extra spicy!
SRIRACHA LIME SALT
- Heat oven to 200°F.
- Spread Sriracha very thinly on a Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until Sriracha is completely dry. Cool and peel from Silpat. Don’t turn oven off.
- Grind to a powder either with a mortar and pestle or in a mini food processor. Be gentle if you use the latter.
- Add in salt, juice and zest, then crush or pulse to combine.
- Spread mixture back on Silpat and bake at 200°F for 1 ½ to 2 hours until completely dry. Cool. Crush or process to salt consistency. Can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
View the original recipe on Food 52